OOD and iRODS data collections?

I am wondering if anybody is interacting with remote iRODS collections (directories) using the OOD GUI? If so, what would be the best way? Via the Files App after maybe mounting an iRODS repo on the local directory hierarchy?
See for instance GitHub - cyverse/irodsfs: FUSE implementation of iRODS Client written in Golang (iRODS FUSE Lite)

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome!

I have never heard of iRODS before but it seems very neat indeed (and with some academic support like TACC).

That said, I think FUSE with an initializer (like the link given below) is your lowest hanging fruit.

https://osc.github.io/ood-documentation/latest/customization.html?highlight=initializer#add-shortcuts-to-files-menu

Just in case anybody else is interested, it looks like the most convenient way to interact with iRODS repos is through a custom wsgi/python passenger app provided its start up file is called passenger_wsgi.py (see Configuration reference - Nginx - Passenger Library). The advantage of using python in this case comes from the fact that iRODS has a powerful python client API (GitHub - irods/python-irodsclient: A Python API for iRODS).

1 Like