Bc_desktop script.sh.erb permissions possible (re)set wrong after updating

I noticed recently when updating OOD 2.x and now the 3.x version that it seems to set the permissions on /var/www/ood/apps/sys/bc_desktop/template/script.sh.erb to 644. This causes the SLURM job to fail with the error …

/var/spool/slurm/d/job611563/slurm_script: line 186: /home/hpc/hpcadmin/ondemand/data/sys/dashboard/batch_connect/sys/bc_desktop/elsa/output/fd8692a5-09d2-42e4-9947-c36b25b4d240/script.sh: Permission denied

I don’t now if there is something specific to my site that requires me to set the permissions back to 755 after updating OOD. Once I do that the bc_desktop launches fine. I just thought I’d point this out in case other have run into this too.

It’s 755 on our systems. I’ll check git to be sure. Is there any automation you apply after installation?

It’s executable in git as well, so I’m not sure what happened here.

What OS are you on?

I’ll take a look. It sounds like it is something on our side. I use OpenHPC and some Ansible to prep the node images. Maybe Ansible or the OpenHPC Warewulf VNFS image build script modifies the permissions.

Looks like it was an issue on our side with an Ansible role setting the permissions incorrectly.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.