CAS login issues with Firefox - '...caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies'

So, yesterday everything was working fine with CAS login. No changes were made on our installation of ood. Today when I tried to log in via Firefox on my Mac desktop, I get the following:

The page isn’t redirecting properly

An error occurred during a connection to ondemand.hpc.nau.edu.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Cookies are not disabled and like I said everything was working fine yesterday. No changes made to the Firefox browser either. I can log in fine with Chrome on the same machine. Has anyone seen a Firefox issue on the Mac?

Apparently this is a known issue with Firefox where cookie management for a site becomes corrupted. If you ever see this error then you need to have Firefox forget about the site. Once you do that you should be able to log in and have things work as before.

Original title: “New issue with CAS login”. I’m going to rename this so its easier for others to use as a reference to: “CAS login issues with Firefox - ‘…caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies’”

If you think of a better title please update accordingly!