Installation and set-up of Abaqus on Open OnDemand

I am trying to set up Abaqus on Open OnDemand but whenever I click Submit on the screenshot above, I get the following error -
" Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request

Reason: Error reading from remote server"

Is anyone else facing the same issue? Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance:)

Hi and welcome!

I’m not entirely sure - you may have found a bug. But you can clone this by hand for the same results.

cd ~/ondemand/dev
git clone https://github.com/CHPC-UofU/bc_osc_abaqus

# or clone our upstream https://github.com/OSC/bc_osc_abaqus

I cannot replicate on version 3.0.1. What version are you running?

Unfortunately, I am unable to clone it as well.

Oh OK then - you must not have network connectivity to github.com from your machines, or at least that single machine.

I’d try the same on a login node or similar. Or ask a colleague if any of your machines have outbound connectivity to the internet.

Sure, I will try that. Thank you so much for the guidance, Really appreciate it:)

Hi Aditi,

we have a newer version of the Abaqus app in our apps repository, GitHub - CHPC-UofU/OOD-apps-v3: Version 3 of OnDemand apps. These are using some templates to allow multiple apps to use single set of settings, so the files may be harder to read. But, the template/script.sh is the core of how Abaqus is executed, and the rest of the files follow the standard VNC Interactive Desktop app. So, if you already have Interactive Desktop working (I recommend starting with that), you’d only need to do a few small modifications to the form.yml and manifest.yml to get that working.

Hi, yes I was unable to clone because somehow my machine could not access Github repositories. So I used another machine node to do the cloning and modified a few files like script.sh, form.yml.erb to get the app working. Thank you for your help! Really appreciate it:)

1 Like

yes, you were right, we somehow could not connect to github via the machine I was using. So I changed the machine and was able to do the clone successfully. Thanks so much:)

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.