Tufts is looking for a Machine Learning HPC Specialist to join our multi-talented Research Technology team!
Apply Here: https://jobs.tufts.edu/jobs/16837?lang=en-us
Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website. https://it.tufts.edu/
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Manager of Research Computing, the Machine Learning High Performance Computing (HPC) Specialist will work closely with Research Technology team members to provide support for and to advance artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and deep learning (DL) utilizing Tufts Linux-based High Performance Compute (HPC) cluster. The position will provide introductory to advanced consultations, instruction, and support to faculty, students and staff utilizing our leading-edge compute cluster to develop, deploy and maintain machine learning workflows, analytical methods and models, associated research software, and gateways. In addition, this position will champion research technology solutions and provide core support relating to the university-wide HPC, research storage (Cluster and desktop Rstore), and data management.
The position will participate and contribute to the management and refinement of the existing service across the full life cycle while working with the team to define a vision for future services. In addition, the position will assess and implement new technologies to support researchers in all departments across the university who are developing data models, analytics and algorithms.
The ideal candidate may have a flexible work schedule including fully remote while providing and maintaining high-level technical support to Tufts research faculty and research groups.
What We’re Looking For
· Skills and experience typically acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, data science, or related field and 2+ years’ experience in technical computing.
· Expertise and experience applying and interpreting machine learning/deep learning concepts and techniques such as random forest, support vector machines, logistic regression, RNNs, CNNs, LSTM, in Python, C, Fortran, MATLAB, or R.
· Experience installing and deploying common frameworks such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow/TensorBoard, Keras, Theano, Caffe, Pytorch, MXNet, DGL, etc. on both GPU and CPU architectures.
· Demonstrated knowledge of technical computing and research methods.
· Experience utilizing and scripting for Linux HPC clusters including software installation.
· Strong technical and innovative problem-solving skills.
· Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong presentation skills.