RStudio app error

Hello - The below happens on launch of the RStudio app. I’m stumped on what the issue is.
OoD 3.0.1

Feb 7 17:13:25 queue1-dy-compute-resource-1-1 rsession-dan.buckley[23779]: ERROR generic error 22 (Invalid argument) [path: , target-dir: ]; OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::FilePath::createDirectory(const string&) const src/cpp/shared_core/FilePath.cpp:846; LOGGED FROM: void rstudio::session::{anonymous}::ensureDefaultDirectory(std::string*, const string&) src/cpp/session/SessionOptions.cpp:69
Feb 7 17:13:25 queue1-dy-compute-resource-1-1 rsession-dan.buckley[23779]: ERROR system error 13 (Permission denied) [path: /.local/share/rstudio, target-dir: ]; OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::FilePath::createDirectory(const string&) const src/cpp/shared_core/FilePath.cpp:846; LOGGED FROM: int main(int, char* const*) src/cpp/session/SessionMain.cpp:2192

Rstudio is open source. I thing you’re hitting this error about trying to make the default directory.

Thanks - The above turned out to be a permissions issue on rstudio-os.sqlite.

The next error I think is related to home not correctly specified. I’m not sure where to specify that.

Feb 7 19:12:00 queue1-dy-compute-resource-1-2 rsession-dan.buckley[28965]: ERROR generic error 22 (Invalid argument) [path: , target-dir: ]; OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::FilePath::createDirectory(const string&) const src/cpp/shared_core/FilePath.cpp:846; LOGGED FROM: void rstudio::session::{anonymous}::ensureDefaultDirectory(std::string*, const string&) src/cpp/session/SessionOptions.cpp:69
Feb 7 19:12:00 queue1-dy-compute-resource-1-2 rsession-dan.buckley[28965]: ERROR system error 13 (Permission denied) [path: /.local/share/rstudio, target-dir: ]; OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::FilePath::createDirectory(const string&) const src/cpp/shared_core/FilePath.cpp:846; LOGGED FROM: int main(int, char* const*) src/cpp/session/SessionMain.cpp:2192

That’s the same error from the original comment.

What is the directory you’re trying to open the application at? Whatever it is, apparently you can’t make that directory.

This says that the target-dir is empty - meaning nothing. Could it be that you’re HOME environment variable is empty somehow? Or that you’ve configured something strange?

https://docs.posit.co/ide/server-pro/rstudio_pro_sessions/directory_management.html#working-directories

This was all self-inflicted. Using an example that was dumbed down helped.
I ended up using the below example and was up and running in minutes.