Using sacctmgr to get max cores and max mem for an account

I want to use the resources reported by sacctmgr for a selected account in the form.yml.erb as max values in other form variables. I am using :

sacctmgr -n -p show account withassoc where parent=root format=grptres where account=“#{account}”

to get that information but I think the account form variable is empty when the code is evaluated and I get a zero for max memory in my form. I am creating an array at the top of the form for all of the accounts that a $USER has. Should I be creating another array with the max cores and and max memory for each account they are associated with? If so how would I access those values when the account form value changes so that I can set the max: max_mem on the memory amount form variable?

auto_accounts could work for you, up to a point. It’s dynamic WRT to clusters and qos (I think we’re lacking queues?), but won’t set min and max cpus.

If it were me - I would use auto_accounts to populate accounts then use data-min and data-max attributes to set mins and maxes.

https://osc.github.io/ood-documentation/latest/how-tos/app-development/interactive/dynamic-form-widgets.html?#dynamic-min-and-maxes

Lastly - if you have to write Ruby to do query Slurm you should write it in an initializer because those form.yml.erb files are rendered a lot (I mean they’re read & rendered even without hitting that specific page) so embedding too much ruby (or ruby that queries other systems) is going to cause issues for your site.

Thanks. We use a cache for those queries so it would evaluate it once in a 12 hour period. I do already get an array of the accounts. I’ll take a look at the docs to see if I can do it with the dynamic min and max but I think I’ll run into the same issue.

The auto_accounts got me a list of the partitions on the cluster but not the accounts I belong to. I’ll keep working on it.

I was able to do this using an associative array in ruby using the slurm account name and the max limits I needed then used the data-max-variable: value to set the max value. I’m going to try to put this in as an initializer next.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.