About the behavior when clicking the icon in OOD 3.0

Hello,

I have a desire to have multiple Open OnDemand applications open at the same time.
In OOD 2.X, command-clicking multiple icons on the dashboard opened multiple corresponding applications in new tabs (I am a Mac user).
However, in OOD 3.0, command-clicking one icon will no longer select the other icon. This happens in Safari, Chrome and Firefox. Reloading the dashboard page allows me to select other applications, but it’s a hassle.

Only the Job composer and Shell applications can be command-clicked to select other applications.
I thought I should set new_window: true in manifest.yml.
Active Jobs and Home Directory worked as expected, but new_window: true does not work for applications with role: batch_connect. These applications do not open new windows when clicked normally (without command-key).

How can I set it to open mutiple applications in new tabs ?

Best,

I can’t replicate this on my OOD 3.0, but that’s me clicking in the Interactive Apps page.

Are you on a particular page or are you using something like shared_apps or quick launch apps?

I’m using FF and Chrome on Ubuntu.

Thank you for your replay.

Are you on a particular page or are you using something like shared_apps or quick launch apps?

No. I clicked System Installed App in dashboard. And it is not a quick launch app.

I try to use FF on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS on ARM64.

When I hold down the control key (not the command key in Ubuntu) and click an icon in the dashboard, that application will open in a new tab, but the other icons will be translucent and cannot be selected.

Best,

I have updated OOD 3.0.1, but this problem still exists.

The problem occurs in the dashboard. The content of /etc/ood/config/ondemand.d/ondemand.yml is following.

pinned_apps:
  - 'sys/*'
pinned_apps_group_by: category

For simplicity, /etc/ood/config/apps/dashboard was removed. Then, when I hold down the control key and click on the pinned application icon in the dashboard, I will get the following screen, and I cannot click on any other icons. Reloading the page will fix it, but that is a complicated process.

I have tested this on Windows, Mac, and Linux environments using Edge, Safari, Firefox, and Chrome, all with the same phenomenon.

If anyone has any tips on how to solve this problem, please let me know.

Best,

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.