Automatic attributes and dynamic form widgets

Hi Troy and others,

Many thanks for replying to my other recent posts and with apologies for bombarding you with questions!

Is there a way to use the automatic form attributes like auto_queues with the built-in dynamic form widgets? I’d like to use e.g. auto_queues but also dynamically set form attributes depending on the queue that is chosen.

Many thanks,

Geoff

1 Like

Unfortunately not. Though I did get a similar request around auto_queues recognizing which queue is a GPU queue so that it could toggle the visibility of another field (the # of gpus you want).

Can you describe the use case you’re thinking of, maybe there’s something similar we can do?

No problem at all! And don’t worry about questions, the NSF pays us to answer questions as well as write code, so, no issues at all with asking questions!

Many thanks, @jeff.ohrstrom .

The use case I’m thinking of is the basic one I’ve described:

I’d like to use e.g. auto_queues but also dynamically set form attributes depending on the queue that is chosen

Imagine I manually set a list of queues. Then I could use dynamic form widgets to customise the rest of the form depending on which queue was selected. Well, I’d like to use auto_queues but still be able to customise the form dynamically based on which queue the user selects, but I don’t see a way of doing it since there’s nowhere to specify the dynamic information - normally this would go into my definition of the queues, if I’m doing it manually.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.