Interactive desktop doesn't load past white screen

After setting up the pre-reqs for an interactive desktop and using Xfce when I go to click on “Launch” for an interactive desktop I get a white screen and it won’t move past this and load. I’m using the minimal configuration to launch an XFCE desktop environment on a cluster similar to owens_login. I did a test to make sure jobs are able to be submitted and I got a successful test.

Any Ideas?

You may have to open your browsers dev tools and show us the network tab to see what’s going on. At the very least I guess we’d like to see there’s an apache response.

It seems like you’re timing out like maybe you don’t have connectivity to the compute node from the OOD web server? In any case, the dev tools will show you what’s going on on the client side and maybe the apache logs will tell us what’s going on on the OOD webserver itself.

Here is a screen shot of what’s going on, not sure if this is helpful or not.

I followed the verification that the OOD node can reach the compute node using instructions here 3. Enable Reverse Proxy — Open OnDemand 2.0.13 documentation

That is super helpful. You’re running into this issue where you need to enable SSL or modify how we store sessions.