KerberizedNFS with OOD

Hello,
We are in the process of configuring our open on demand instance but we use kerberos nfs, rhel8,we are running into issues with it, we are in the process of working through some things and believe we may have found some workarounds that we will be testing tomorrow when we have our session. I attended a recent OOD tips/tricks and they suggested to reach out to the group here. Has anyone successfully been using knfs with their instance of OOD?

The error we are running into
App 4114699 output: Error: The application encountered the following error: Permission denied @ dir_s_mkdir - /xxxx-xxx/rc/home (Errno::EACCES)

Hey there! It was great meeting you at our most recent Tips & Tricks call. Hopefully you can hear from someone else in the community on this. Please keep us updated if some of those workarounds turn out to be successful!

Best,

Emily

Hi and welcome!

Sorry for the delay in responding. The OSC staff doesn’t have a lot of expertise in Kerberose but I did find these 2 topics that may be of help - especially the 2nd where we walk through creating the kerberose tickets and setting the environment variable.

Thanks the forst message was from one of my former colleagues. It never really seemed to get any resolutions. The second message is the one that we’ve been working on trying to get it to work but it hasn’t yet but we haven’t had many sessions to troubleshoot. But thanks for sharing the links I appreciate it