Open OnDemand at SC'22 Conference

Open OnDemand Community:

The SC’22 conference in Dallas, TX is only a few months away (https://sc22.supercomputing.org/). Many members of the Open OnDemand team will be attending in person and we want to make you aware of a few things we’ll be doing:

1. We’ll be having our usual ‘Open OnDemand User Group’ Birds of a Feather. The date and time haven’t been scheduled by SC’22 yet. Note that SC’22 BoFs will NOT be live streamed nor available via the SC’22 digital experience.

2. We’ll have a lot of Open OnDemand content in the Ohio Supercomputer Center booth in the exhibit hall (booth 1403). Please plan on stopping by to get a live demo of OnDemand, share with us details of your OnDemand installation, or pick up some Open OnDemand swag!

3. We are offering small “Open OnDemand Used Here” signs for other exhibitors to display in their booths. We hope to be able to raise more awareness of Open OnDemand by having lots of these visible throughout the show floor. If you are interested in having one in your booth please let us know.

4. We potentially will be arranging some sort of Open OnDemand tour/scavenger hunt on the shot floor, where people visit a certain number of booths that are displaying the Open OnDemand sign in order to get a prize.

If you are going to be featuring or mentioning Open OnDemand in any of you booths or technical sessions, please let us know and we’ll be sure to highlight them in future communications.

1 Like

I am Masahiro Nakao from RIKEN R-CCS, which has developed and operated the supercomputer Fugaku. Fugaku is one of the largest ARM-based systems, ranking 2nd in the June 2022 Top500.

We ported Open OnDemand to Fugaku. And we will have an exhibition at SC22, the location number is 1005, very close to you.
If possible, we would like to place the “Open OnDemand Used Here” sign on our booth.

Best regards,

Masahiro: Great! We’ll touch base sometime in early November with details.

Dear OnDemand community.
I will deliver twice a free workshop at SC on “Leveraging Azure HPC OnDemand Platform to easily onboard your critical HPC workloads in the cloud”. Feel free to register with this link and happy to connect there
https://lnkd.in/g6nrU7Db

Regards,
Xavier Pillons

1 Like

Open OnDemand community:

The Open OnDemand project team would like to “paint the show floor red” at the SC22 conference in Dallas this year. As such, we have three opportunities for you, our wonderful community members, to show your support of Open OnDemand:

• Exhibitor Signs: We have small, nine-inch square foam core signs that can be displayed in booths (either as a self-standing table-top sign or affixed to a wall with Command strips). There is a choice of “Open OnDemand Used Here” or “Open OnDemand Supported Here” signs.
  • Attendee Pins: We have two-inch square pins that can be affixed to anything such as a bag or lanyard that say “Open OnDemand Supporter”
  • Lanyards: We have Open OnDemand branded lanyards for your badge.

All of these will be available throughout the show at the Ohio Supercomputer Center / Open OnDemand booth #1403, right near the middle entrance to the show. We are also happy to deliver some in person during the show to other booths or mail them out to people not attending SC22 but still wanting to show your support elsewhere such as on social media.

Please fill out the form below to claim yours!

https://forms.office.com/r/BkJyss9nAC

@alanc Our organization, RIKEN, uses Open OnDemand at Fugaku. So, could you please deliver the Exhibitor Sign to booth 1005 ?
The RIKEN PR staff should always be at the booth. I will inform them that the Exhibitor Sign will be arrived. And I’m sorry, but I’m not planning to participate locally.