Relocating /home/$user/ondemand folder

Hi all,

During Office Hours one of our staff was told that there was a OOD_ROOT_PATH variable that I could set in /etc/ood/profile to move (in our case) /home/$user/ondemand to /projects/$users/ondemand as ondemand files were filling up home directories and causing various fun problems. I attempted doing it but since this seems to be an undocumented feature, I couldn’t figure out what syntax I should use for this.

Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Joe Malingowski

I think the location you are looking to set that would be /etc/ood/config/apps/dashboard/env and add the environment variable in that location to have it take effect.

The syntax from what you posted I think would be:

OOD_DATAROOT=/projects/$USER/ondemand

Also, if you set this, the myjobs app will also need an /etc/ood/config/apps/myjobs/env file to point to the same location you set in the dashboard/env so that the two are looking in the same place for the data.

Also, just to be sure, make sure to set that with $USER and not $users unless that users variable is something you’ve made and are trying to use, but I’m guessing you meant the environment variable. Just wanted to make sure that was known.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.