Rstudio-server Not Found

I assumed we were just not getting that far in the process to generate the output. Perhaps this indicates a problem finding R?

I can run the script manually on the node and it echoes the text in the script to the log and then just seems to exit silently.

Sorry, that seemed to be the wrong line. The RSTUDIO_AUTH is what you’re looking for.

That said - let’s back up. What’s the behavior you’re seeing now? You’re correctly redirected to the auth page but it says you’re unable to login?

Right so currently we see Rstudio’s “thinking wheel” then we see Rstudio initialization error.

The URL in this case is

https://ondemand-dev.bil.psc.edu/rnode/l008.pvt.bil.psc.edu/38252/

so we’re not getting stuck at auth-do-sign-in any more since changing the rnode/node configs

We have this in the script file:

PAM auth helper used by RStudio

export RSTUDIO_AUTH=“${PWD}/bin/auth”

and that file does get generated

Got it. Then you likely need additional logs. RStudio is logging to /var/log/rstudio inside the container. Since it’s inside the container, it’s lost after the session stops. You may need to update this so that you can get those logs on the host machine too so that they’ll persist.

Here’s a pull request I made to our RSTudio to enable the same (among other things). The important bit is mounting the template/etc directory to /etc/rstudio in the container so that it can pick up the new etc configurations that will tell it to log somewhere else.

Aha! I integrated the etc changes and now it loads and I was able to run one of the demos. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.