Change the UI colors based on url?

Our OOD instance is accessed from multiple institutions. I’d like to change the colors of the UI based on which institution’s link was used to access OOD.

Is that possible?
Perhaps there could be two OOD web servers running on different ports with only one config file changed?

Not in 2.0, but in 2.1 you’ll be able to style one installation based on the hostname being requested. So 2.1 will respond to multiple hostnames and style itself differently for each hostname based on configuration.

Is there a rough estimate on when 2.1 might be available?

Last week I would have told you soon. We have rc8 in production at OSC and we found a critical bug so we had to update. We’re putting rc9 into production on Monday.

It could be next week baring any other show stopping bugs, but I’d say the week after that is not unreasonable.

I have installed OOD 3.0 and set up hostname profile selection.

In order to get the same OOD portal running under two names, my plan is to copy the apache config and find/replace the ServerName as well as the certificate/private key locations. But I get the feeling that there is a better way. Ideally this could be done in my ood_portal.yml. Is that possible?

I added this to my /etc/ood/config/ood_portal.yml and ran /opt/ood/ood-portal-generator/sbin/update_ood_portal:

server_aliases:
- <my-second-domain-name>

but then when I visit <my-second-domain-name> I get the apache 403 forbidden page:

It’s working now, but it doesn’t apply the hostname profile didn’t take effect. I assume these two features were not meant to work together? @jeff.ohrstrom

When I tried making a copy of the apache ood-portal.conf, I also got a 403 error.

They were meant to work with each other, indeed one required the other. Can you reset your instance back to it working and not getting the 403 errors and share your profile configuration?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.