OnDemand Dash Board Layout

I’m using the pinned_apps and motd widgets on my dashboard, but on a smaller monitor, the pinned app icons don’t look very good

But there is a lot of white space to the left and right of both widget, so, my questions

1. Is there a ondemand.yml setting that will let me tell the dashboard_layout to be wider then it appears by default, using up more of the white space on either side so the pinned_apps icons don’t get smooched, or
  2. Can I tell the pinned_apps widget to only be 3 wide instead of 4?

If I edit /var/www/ood/apps/sys/dashboard/app/views/widgets/pinned_apps/_app.html.erb and change

<div class="col-sm-3 col-md-3">

to

<div class="col-sm-3 col-md-4">

It changes the pinned_apps layout to 3 across and the icons look better, but I don’t see a YML setting for that anywhere.

Thanks.

Hi and welcome!

For question 1 - there is no way to get rid of the white space on the right and left.
For question 2 - You can override any partial by supplying a new one.

Change the file as you see fit and place it in the location below. The system will read your new file instead of the one that shipped with the source code.

Aside from that, you could change the dashboard_layout such that they get their own row (so they don’t have to share the horizontal space with the message of the day).

But you’re right, that those icons are off a bit on small screens.

/etc/ood/config/apps/dashboard/views/widgets/pinned_apps/_app.html.erb

Thanks. Adding my customer _app.html.erb to /etc/ood/config/… did the trick.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.