SSH flags for LinuxHost Adapter

Is it possible to manipulate the ssh flags used for the ssh connection of the LinuxHost Adapter?

Thanks.

Hi Glenn.

Welcome and thanks for your question. To answer your question, the Linux Host Adapter does not support changing the SSH Flags. The flags are hard-coded.

With that being said. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?

Thanks,
-gerald

I will need to have the SSH connections from the OOD host to the login nodes on a port different from the standard SSH port. I will need to be able to specify that port in the connection.

Thanks Glenn.

The only way that I can see to do it would be something like described here at the user level.

OR

Make the change here to make it global.

vi /etc/ssh/ssh_config
change

Port 22

TO
Port <YOUR_SSH_PORT>

I’ll be honest, I’ve never tried these as I’ve always had the ability to specify the port as needed.

@tdockendorf. Do you have a better solution to the problem that is trying to be solved here?

Thanks,
-gerald

You’d need to setup /etc/ssh/ssh_config to be like this:

Host <insert login nodes or wildcard>
  Port 22

OnDemand should probably support this directly , likely just a gap in configurations for OnDemand itself.

Thanks @tdockendorf.

Hi.
I’ve created the following GitHub Issue to follow the non-standard ssh port implementation.

Sorry, I did not provide enough details. I will be setting up an sshd service, in addition to the existing one listening on port 22, for OOD connections. I do not want to set the port for all client connections from the OOD host, I want to set it just for OOD connections from the interface.

Thanks Glenn.

Then as of right now, without going in and changing the code directly, that is not supported.

I have created a ticket for the same to be supported.

Hey Glenn.

Just an FYI. We’re going to work on this implementation tomorrow. Gonna try to get it out with the 2.1 release. Maybe a couple weeks.

Thanks,
-gerald

Oh wow. That is super fast.

Thanks!

Hopefully it will be quick. Will see.

Thanks,

Gerald Byrket

gbyrket@osc.edu

817-507-6993

Hi @glennpj .

Wanted to give you an update. The ability to define a non-standard SSH port is now in the 2.1 code base. If this is something that you need immediately, you will need to install from our nightlies ( Features Currently in 2.1 Nightly · Issue #1780 · OSC/ondemand · GitHub ). If you are needing this in a production environment, I would not recommend installing from the nightlies, as they are “hot off the press” changes with little to no testing. We do not have any plans to backport this functionality into 2.0. Once we get 2.1 fully tested, which is happening now, and we get the bugs that are found fixed, we will release 2.1 to the public. At that point, I would recommend you upgrade to release 2.1.

Thanks,
-gerald

Thank you for implementing that. I am still in test mode so I can certainly wait until 2.1.

If you are in test mode. You might be interested in moving to the nightlies install.

Thanks,

Gerald Byrket

gbyrket@osc.edu

817-507-6993

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.