System status app in 2.0.23

Hi,

I have just noticed that OSC has made a ‘system status’ app. We would love to use this, is there any step by step instructions to get this set up and working on the ondemand dashboard, with one cluster (at the moment) using slurm? I am unsure how to actually install it, where to put the directory etc.

Also does it just interact with slurm commands to pull the info.

Thank you very much

Tom

You should be able to pull this into your /var/www/ood/apps/sys and run the setup from there.

The code for slurm is here:

I’m not familiar with the app, but it looks to return some kind of client for Slurm that returns the needed info as it gets queried. Let me know if you need more help setting it up though, because I also wasn’t able to find actual instructions on how to get this app going explicitly other than piecing some things together from other apps.

Hi,

I have just come back to this after getting other things on the cluster setup. I don’t know if you are still around and could possibly help me with this. I unpacked this into /var/www/ood/apps/sys and ran the build/setup which came back with no errors but when I go to it in the nav item, the browser came back stating an internal server error with a long list of details as to what is wrong. If anyone knows how to get this working for Slurm in 2.0.23 then please let me know.

Thanks

Hey sorry for the troubles.

Could you post some of the errors you are seeing? After moving it there, did you restart the PUN?

Hi Travis,

No worries, we have been so happy with ood, it really is excellent. The issue with the system status app may be something I’m overlooking with our setup. Im not using ganglia or grafana but I assumed I didn’t need to use them with this but I may be wrong.

I did restart the PUN, and this is what it opens below, but I realise this could be caused by anything so don’t worry too much, I appreciate you replying to help though. It was just if someone has managed to get this working on other sites with a quick how to.

Internal Server Error

We’re sorry, but something went wrong. If you are the application owner check the logs for more information.

Details:

/var/www/ood/apps/sys/osc-systemstatus-master/app.rb:115:in block (2 levels) in ' /var/www/ood/apps/sys/osc-systemstatus-master/app.rb:115:in map’ /var/www/ood/apps/sys/osc-systemstatus-master/app.rb:115:in block in ' /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1685:in call’ /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1685:in block in compile!' /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1023:in block (3 levels) in route!’ /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1042:in route_eval' /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1023:in block (2 levels) in route!’ /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1071:in block in process_route' /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1069:in catch’ /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1069:in process_route' /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1021:in block in route!’ /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1018:in each' /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1018:in route!’ /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1140:in block in dispatch!' /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1112:in block in invoke’ /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1112:in catch' /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1112:in invoke’ /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1135:in dispatch!' /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:949:in block in call!’ /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1112:in block in invoke' /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1112:in catch’ /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1112:in invoke' /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:949:in call!’ /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:938:in call' /usr/share/gems/gems/rack-protection-2.2.0/lib/rack/protection/xss_header.rb:18:in call’ /usr/share/gems/gems/rack-protection-2.2.0/lib/rack/protection/path_traversal.rb:16:in call' /usr/share/gems/gems/rack-protection-2.2.0/lib/rack/protection/json_csrf.rb:26:in call’ /usr/share/gems/gems/rack-protection-2.2.0/lib/rack/protection/base.rb:50:in call' /usr/share/gems/gems/rack-protection-2.2.0/lib/rack/protection/base.rb:50:in call’ /usr/share/gems/gems/rack-protection-2.2.0/lib/rack/protection/frame_options.rb:31:in call' /usr/share/gems/gems/rack-2.2.3.1/lib/rack/logger.rb:17:in call’ /usr/share/gems/gems/rack-2.2.3.1/lib/rack/common_logger.rb:38:in call' /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:255:in call’ /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:248:in call' /usr/share/gems/gems/rack-2.2.3.1/lib/rack/head.rb:12:in call’ /usr/share/gems/gems/rack-2.2.3.1/lib/rack/method_override.rb:24:in call' /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:218:in call’ /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1992:in call' /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1552:in block in call’ /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1768:in synchronize' /usr/share/gems/gems/sinatra-2.2.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1552:in call’ /opt/rh/ondemand/root/usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/phusion_passenger/rack/thread_handler_extension.rb:107:in process_request' /opt/rh/ondemand/root/usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/phusion_passenger/request_handler/thread_handler.rb:149:in accept_and_process_next_request’ /opt/rh/ondemand/root/usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/phusion_passenger/request_handler/thread_handler.rb:110:in main_loop' /opt/rh/ondemand/root/usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/phusion_passenger/request_handler.rb:416:in block (3 levels) in start_threads’ /opt/rh/ondemand/root/usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/phusion_passenger/utils.rb:113:in block in create_thread_and_abort_on_exception'undefined method friendly_error_message’ for nil:NilClass

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.