A pop-up box: notification area lost selection.. When desktop is launched

Dear all,

When desktop app is launched, an error message in a dialogue box that pops up in Workspace 1: “The notification area lost selection – Most likely another widget took over the function of a notification area. This area will be unused.” I can close the dialog box and continue to work within the Desktop without any apparent problems.

I would like to figure out how to safely disable this popup box so that users wouldn’t see it and get confused.

Thank you,
Wei

Hi Wei.

Following-up. Did any of the tips from the Open Office yesterday help with the issue?

Thanks,
-gerald

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for checking on me.

I can manually disable the pop-up box from the setting and panel, then under panel1 and items, I can delete “notification area”. Then it won’t come back next time when launching the Desktop.

I wonder if there is a way to automate this process for all the users. Still not sure why it happens in the first place, it is a disturbing window poping up across the board.

Thank you,
Wei

Thanks Wei,

Are you doing that through the xml file that Bruce provided, or are you doing that through the VNC Session?

Thanks,

Gerald Byrket

gbyrket@osc.edu

817-507-6993

Hi Gerald,

I did it via VNC session.

Wei

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.