Debugging issues with sys dashboard

Hi all,

We in the process of reconfiguring one of our dev OOD instances, and we’ve run into some issues with our dashboard app in /etc/ood/config/apps/dashboard/. Any tips on debugging?

Basically, we recloned /etc/ood/config/apps/dashboard/ and all our apps in /var/www/ood/apps/sys/ from the versions we have tracked in our GitLab. Now, when we navigate to that OOD instance in our browser, we see this page:

App has not been initialized or does not exist

This is the first time this app has been launched in your per-user NGINX (PUN) server. This requires a configuration change followed by a restart of your PUN server. Be sure you save all the work you are doing in other apps that have active websocket connections (i.e., Shell App) and you complete all file uploads/downloads.

Clicking the “Initialize App” button will apply the configuration change and restart your per-user NGINX (PUN) server.

Then, when I click the “Intitalize App” button, we see the following:

Error – invalid app root: /var/www/ood/apps/sys/dashboard
Run ‘nginx_stage --help’ to see a full list of available command line options.

Thanks,
Ron

You appear to be hitting this line in the code. As an off the to top guess, I’m guessing that directory isn’t root:root 750 or similar permissions to be able to be readable by non-root users.

Also - that’s very odd to see the Initialze App button for the base apps that we distribute. The RPM should be ensuring this, at least for the apps that we distribute. So it is sort of troubling to see this in the first place and seems to indicate something wrong in the way you’re installing the package.

Ah! We accidentally clobbered /var/www/ood/apps/sys/dashboard when we were re-populating /var/www/ood/apps/sys with our site’s apps. We’re re-installing from the RPM and will re-populate it correctly this time.