Dropdown menu is not working in 2.0.31 version

Hello,
I have a fresh install on rockylinux with rpm version 2.0.31. I have problems when using the dropdown menus, they don’t work. I have activated the option to add a button in the “all apps” menu and from there I can access the terminal tools and others without problem.

I think it’s something from javascript, but I’m not sure how to fix it. I also did a fresh installation of version 2.0.29 and had the same problem.

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

All the best

Hi.

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Open OnDemand Community.

Can you give me a screen shot of your Developer Tools in your browser, please?

If you are using chrome, hit F12, click on the “Console” tab, refresh the page. Take a screenshot of that output.

Then click on the “Network” tab and do the same.

Hi Gerald,

I attach screenshots with Chrome and with Firefox. Same behavior.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Hi.

Thanks for the information. I want to make sure that I’m following where you are seeing the problem. When you say “Dropdown menus”, are you talking about the ones in the Navbar at the top of the site? Also, when you say you have “activated the option to add a button in the ‘all app’ menu”, are you saying that you have create a sub-menu under the ‘all apps’ menu in the navbar, and that sub-menu is working properly?

Thanks,
-gerald

HI,
yes, indeed it is in the navigation bar at the top of the site. I mean when I try to click Apps, Files, Jobs etc option, it is not working. When I say I have added the “all apps” menu option, it is in the dashboard app, I have enabled that option, as I put in the screenshot and from there I have verified that the apps work. Well, they work, all except the one for files, it doesn’t show me the list of files from the user’s home, I cannot edit, not working, but I think it’s for the same reason, may be for some javascript.

I have continued doing tests and I have realized that with the Edge browser (in Windows) it works perfectly (althought i get error saving changes when i make changes in files), but in other browsers both in Linux and Windows it fails (Chrome, Chromium, firefox). I write below tested versions browser.

• linux
    chromium
    Version 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) Fedora Project (64-bit) → works navbar but fails list and edit files in Files apps.
    70.0 (64-bit)
  • windows
    Version 111.0.5563.66 (Official Build) (64-bit) Chrome → fails
    Version 111.0.1661.44 (Official build) (64-bit) Edge → works
  • linux
    Version 111.0.5563.64 (Official Build) (64-bit) Chrome → Fails
    Firefox version 111.0 (64-bit) → Fails
    Chromium Version 111.0.5563.64 (Official Build) snap (64-bit) → Fails
    Chrome Version 110.0.5481.177 (Official Build) (64-bit) → Fails

Thanks Vandsten!

Will continue looking. @jeff.ohrstrom or @travert, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
-gerald

Seems to be a bug on our side. I can replicate on Ubuntu/Firefox when I use the Spanish ES localization. It would appear that Windows/Edge has better handling of this localization or you use something different for that platform.

I see other spanish localizations - AR, CL & MX - I assume you’re using use ES?

I haven’t tested the others, and I use English US daily with no issue.

Luckily the next version (3.0) doesn’t seem to have this issue - at least with Spanish (ES).

We’re just about to release that next version, but I’m also trying to get a few things backported to 2.0 at this time too. I’ll take a quick look into how difficult it may be to fix this issue. Depending on the feasibility, we may backport it to 2.0. I’ll let you know here on this topic.

@jeff.ohrstrom

Nice catch man!

-gerald

Hi,

yes, good catch! I’m using ES.

Thank you all very much for the help.

We will wait for the good news with version 3. We are a research organisation in Spain and would like to implement the ondemand service in our infrastructure. If we can help in any way we would try, even testing version 3 rc.

Regards

It’s working perfectly with 3.0 version.

Thank you very much for all, we will follow testing.

Best regards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.