How to change menu icon for interactive application

We’ve set up OOD 1.5.5 on our HPC cluster, and at the moment it seems to be working flawlessly for the applications we have configured so far. I am now trying to set up SAS as an interactive application. I have essentially copied the files from the MATLAB configuration and made modifications necessary to mimic what I’ve been doing to launch SAS from the command line. That may not be the best approach to getting this done, but it is working as desired now. The only thing that isn’t quite right is that on my Interactive Apps menu, I still see the MATLAB logo, even though I have replaced the icon.png file with an image of the SAS logo. What do I need to do to have it display the correct logo?

Thanks!

So to clarify, you have copied the matlab app to something like /var/www/ood/apps/sys/bc_osc_sas on the web node, and changed /var/www/ood/apps/sys/bc_osc_sas/icon.png so that it is the SAS icon, and updated /var/www/ood/apps/sys/bc_osc_sas/manifest.yml so that it is name: SAS. And then in your dashboard, reload the browser so that the icon appears? But in your case the icon is not appearing. Perhaps it is a caching issue with your browser? What browser are you using? If it is a caching issue that is a bug to fix.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your problem. Steps I took:

cd /var/www/ood/apps/sys
sudo cp -r bc_osc_matlab bc_osc_sas
cd bc_osc_sas
sudo sed -i 's/MATLAB/SAS/g' manifest.yml

Then access and verify the new link appears in the menu with the old MATLAB icon. Then do the following:

sudo wget https://www.sas.com/en_us/navigation/header/global-header/_jcr_content/par/styledcontainer_3b8d/par/image_baf8.img.png/1572460611565.png
sudo convert 1572460611565.png -background blue -alpha remove -alpha off icon.png

Then go to browser and reload the page. Verify that new icon appears:

BTW until we have a better plugin architecture, this is exactly the intended workflow. Copy and modify.

I had not converted the PNG. Now that I have done that, I see the new icon - in Firefox. Chrome 77.0.3865.120 still isn’t displaying it, but at least it’s not showing me the MATLAB logo. Thank you for your help!

Ah. Maybe a browser caching issue? In my example, convert was only used to put the blue background on that example image, which was transparent otherwise. Glad you are making progress!