'Open in Terminal' button in Files app OOD2

There used to be a way to hide the ‘open in terminal’ button in the Files app. Is there a way to do that in the OOD2 files app?

Thanks!
Dori

Just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone knows how to do this in 2.0? Thanks

Sorry I didn’t reply. I don’t know off hand, and I’ll have to check what the previous behaviour was (I’m guessing you could disable it given you’re question). But I’ll look into it today.

1 Like

I’m sure you guys are super busy so no hurry. It used to be if you left the OOD_SHELL string empty it would hide the ‘open in terminal’ button. I just found this: GitHub - OSC/ood-fileexplorer: [MOVED] The Open OnDemand File Explorer

Thanks. Looks like we missed this functionality in the migration. I just created this ticket to pick it back up. I don’t think the environment variable will be used anymore, but the should be some setting for it.

This got fixed and is released in version 2.0.13, though the mechanism is slightly different.

You’ll have to use the files_enable_shell_button YAML in an ondemand.d file.

https://osc.github.io/ood-documentation/latest/reference/files/ondemand-d-ymls.html

Thanks Jeff! This works for us.

Dori

1 Like