Websockify fails to establish connection

I was sure I had this working before. Starting a shell under Clusters->Tempest Shell Access works fine (which opens ssh to the login-node), but when I create an interactive job the link to open a shell on the compute node gives me:

Failed to establish a websocket connection. Be sure you are using a browser that supports websocket connections.

I’m using Chrome Version 106.0.5249.119 (Official Build) (64-bit). I have reverse DNS working fine. I can’t seem to find any kind of log to tell me what’s going on. Websockify is installed on the compute node I’m working on in python3.6.

I appreciate any thoughts :slight_smile:
Kenny Hanson, MSU RCI SysAdmin

Are you able to open the dev tools with f12 and look at the request headers when it’s made to see if a response is in fact coming back? Seeing a screen shot of that would be helpful since no logs are indicating anything.

Also, are you behind any kind of load balancer?

Hi Travis!
My issue was I had not specifically set up OOD_SSHHOST_ALLOWLIST in /etc/ood/config/apps/shell/env. Once I added that it worked like a charm :slight_smile:

Thanks for your response!

Kenny Hanson, MSU RCI SysAdmin

Great! Glad you go it. Let us know if you run into any more questions.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.